Copyright and fair use are very important concepts that creators deserve to get credit for their work but still provide the ability for their work to be used by other people and still get their acknowledgment. Intellectual properties come in many different forms that the creator then can copyright their work to make it theirs and protect it from being stolen and also profit from people using their work. Fair use is a concept that provides educators to use anything copyrighted for use in the classroom without charge. Dealing with copyright and fair trade from an educational standpoint it is important to understand what is ethical and what is considered illegal. From a teacher’s standpoint developing your own instructional materials you can create your own work and if you incorporate copyright property credit must be shown and show students the importance of giving credit to creators. Students should be aware copyright laws and teachers should make their students cite any copied work.

With technology now being implemented in many schools across America there are many benefits that are involved but there are some dangers of technology. Academic dishonesty is a big one that many students do not fully comprehend. Academic dishonesty is when someone uses another person’s work and pretend it is theirs. This has been a huge issue in schools, and I believe there are solutions for this. In my classroom I would make students understand how this is unethical and show them ways to avoid this issue. If my students have a big paper, I will require proper citations as well as have them submit it to turn it in to check for plagiarism. Cyberbullying is also another huge issue with technology implementations. Solutions for cyberbullying in my classroom could be educating my students on the tragedies cyberbullying has caused and show them it is a very serious matter. I will also establish policies for students, so they know proper internet safety. Finally, I will have a lecture and handout of ways to report abuse and tell them I am always here to talk if something like this is happening to them.

Working on this newsletter design assignment was definitely out of my comfort zone but I learned many new skills. I learned how to format and make a newsletter aesthetically pleasing.  I could improve my newsletter by finding better word art to add. The skills I learned form this assignment will definitely help me in my marketing job I got offered after college. In marketing it is important to show things that will draw someone in to read about. Or if I decide to go down the elementary education route, I will already have the skills needed to create a beautiful newsletter to send home to families.







Comments