ELA technology standards were created a gateway for students to be able to navigate programs to prepare them for our new future of technology. I choose second grate ELA technology standards because by second grade children are ready to work on their technology skills and build on them. Second grade ELA standards are using images to describe stories or examples, using text features to easier navigate to specific things, work on group papers, able to describe audio stories, visual display, and gain a stronger vocabulary and comprehension for their readings. Based on my current skill set I absolutely feel as if I am qualified to implement these standards. I have been using technology in the classroom as far back as I could remember. I was fortunate enough to also be properly trained by my past teachers how to operate learning programs and office.

    For the CPALMS educator tool kit I have selected second grade health education. The resource I choose for health education is the flu and you. The flu and you educate students on the spread of the flu and ways to reduce it. I would use this resource in my classroom because viruses have been a huge issue and since children cannot get vaccinated, yet it is important for them to understands ways to reduce the spread. It is also important for students to understand where viruses come from and how to know if you possibly contracted the virus.

    It is crucial for teachers to proficiently be able to web search. It is important because teachers have a set block of time to teach their lessons and being able to efficiently access information quickly shows that the teacher is properly trained to operate technology in the classroom. After learning many different internet searching skills, I learned this week one that I would use the ELA standards separated by grade levels. I also like the one word google search snippet feature.  One skill that I use frequently is the control f feature that allows you to type in a word in any document and it highlights where the word is in the text.



Comments