I have been using twitter for many years and I think I have good experience with tweeting and retweeting.  I have been interacting with friends on twitter and I also follow environmental pages. Twitter may be helpful in my future career because I want to go into marketing and social media is a great way to market products or whatever you are trying to promote. Twitter is a great way to express yourself and easily share things that you support or agree with.

Digital divide is defined as people who have access to technology and people that do not creating a divide from internet world. The digital divide affects students’ success in schools because students who do have internet access at all times seem to be at an advantage for educational success. The students who have access at home and school get double the experience operating technology and in the long run they will be prepared for college and future jobs. Technology is not going anywhere and is developing greatly every year with new software’s and updated stuff. Some causes of the digital divide are parent’s income since newer technologies coming out the pricier, they are some families simply cannot afford to buy computers. Or it could be that parents that did not grow up with technology may not approve of their children having constant internet access my parents for example did not support. As a teacher I know that I will encounter students in my class who don’t have access to technology. I would create homework that does not involve internet access so students who do will not have any advantages. During class I would use technology often to help all students properly learn how to operate up to date technology confidently.

Academic software for students is beneficial for their education and can improve their learning. One software tool I would implement in my future classroom would be StudentSync which is a sit that students can practice their ELA skills no matter what stage of learning you are at. The second one I would implement in my classroom is flocabulary is a site that students can practice a skill and bring the curriculum to life. I would like to use these with my future students because by teaching them skills with a personal lesson then have them practice these skills will reinforce what they have learned and will make them comfortable with the content.

Comments