Distance learning was challenging to me at first, but I have grown to really enjoy it for particular classes. I really enjoyed that you could do it from the comfort of your own home and it gives you more time to get stuff done. I also like how zoom was easy to operate and communicate with the class. I have done group projects and labs over distance learning, and they were all successful. I do not like how sometimes I get distracted easily and another con for me is I struggled having strong internet connection. As a teacher I would help improve the distance learning experience by making all students interact during online class and create breakout rooms for my students to collaborate.

 Open educational resources are resources that students and teachers have access to online to improve learning. It is freely accessible to anyone with openly licensed text. OER is beneficial for teachers because they have open access to lessons and modules that will help improve lesson plans. For students OER is useful for streaming videos and help and promotes learning in and out of the classroom. I found an OER online resource linked below on that website you can explore the library, create lessons, and collaborate with other educators to improve lesson plans.

https://www.oercommons.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8p2MBhCiARIsADDUFVE1h42Rt64s2FPEyFHvDn7HLzO121piP3fFtu9zMu25OyEPXiuE6A8aAjaBEALw_wcB

 Skills I acquired from working on the two PowerPoint assignments have helped me improve my editing and navigation skills on PowerPoint. I liked how I learned how to add speaker notes and audio to each slide because that is something I have never had to do and is a great resource. I did not like how it was very time consuming to create a PowerPoint that was aesthetically pleasing. I can improve on my layout on each slide and make it more organized next time. Now that I learned how to navigate power point and created a great presentation I am prepared for next time. 


Comments